He was born in Aydın in 1971. He was graduated from primary, secondary and high school in Aydın. He had completed his graduate and post graduate studies in Department of Mining Engineering in Middle East Technical University. He had worked as an English teacher at Ministry of National Education between the years 1996-1999. From 1999 to 2014, he had worked at General Directorate of State Hydraulic Works (DSİ) as an engineer. He had started his environmental studies at DSİ and pursued his studies at the European Union and International Relations Unit that was set up in 2004 and Relations with European Union Branch Office which was established in 2005. Within the years 2005-2013, he worked on the followings;
- National and international environmental legislation,
- International conventions on environment and water issues,
- Climate Change,
- European Union and acquis communautaire,
- European Union accession studies (within the context of Environment, Energy and Agricultural Parts),
- Preparation, implementation and coordination of European Union and international projects,
- Administrative and technical evaluation committee works for projects realised by Central Finance and Contracts Units,
- Bidding, implementation and monitoring process of projects subject to European Union Prag rules.
He had worked on International Hydrological Activities and Foreign Affairs issues between the years 2013-20014 at General Directorate of State Hydraulic Works. He had attended to many national and international meetings, seminars, congress, workshops, trainings and field works.
Nedim Yeşil, who was appointed for Department Head of General Directorate of Foreign Relations and European Union Affairs, Department for European Union Investments for Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs, and Communications on 9 June 2014 is married with 2 children and has a good command of English.